Amazing Goop Tuff-Shield Epoxy Sealer 3.5kg Kit
Tuff-Shieldis formulated with ceramic beads for abrasion resistance, graphite to give it slip or lubricity and Kevlar® fiber for extreme toughness. It's a superior, waterproof epoxy sealer that will protect your boat bottom or truck bed. Tuff-Shield can be applied to aluminum, fiberglass and wood surfaces with ease.
- Easy to use – just pour, stir and apply
- Tough – reinforced with Kevlar fibers for superior strength
- Practical – enables boats to glide smoothly over debris and rocks
- Fast drying – sets and dries completely in 10-12 hours
- Seals small leaks and splits in a single coat
Follow these step-by-step directions when using Tuff-Shield:
1. Read directions and test small area before use.
2. Use protective gloves to avoid getting Tuff-Shield on skin. In case of contact with skin, use plenty of soap and water to remove epoxy.
3. For small quantities, mix 7 parts of Part A and 1 part of Part B (by weight, not by volume).
4. A clean, freshly sanded surface is essential to creating a good bond. Remove all contaminants such as oil, grease, dirt and old coatings. Sand until you have a clean surface. Steel and/or aluminum boats should be sanded or cleaned with steel wool and treated with a marine phosphoric acid wash, such as Naval Jelly or Aluminum Bright, to remove any rust oxidation. Tape off boat sides if necessary.
5. Gouges and deep holes should be filled with an epoxy or fairing compound before applying Tuff-Shield.
6. May be applied to dry or porous surfaces.
1. Stir Part A container of Tuff-Shield until a uniform consistency occurs. Pour Part B into Part A container.
2. Sufficient stirring and mixing is the most important step for satisfactory results with Tuff-Shield. Mix with fold-into center motion. Mix entire contents thoroughly for 6-7 minutes. Occasionally scrape bottom and sides of mixing container as well as mixing stick. Mixed material should be used within 30 minutes.
3. After mixing thoroughly, immediately pour material onto working surface. Do not leave mixed material in original container.
1. Application can be readily completed with a toothed trowel, squeegee, short bristle throw-away brush or foam roller.
2. Working time is approximately 30 minutes.
3. Adequate cure time is approximately 10-12 hours at 70 °F / 21 °C. Minimum application temperature 65 °F / 18 °C. Application surface temperature range is 50 °F / 10 °C to 90 °F / 32 °C. Cure time decreases with higher temperatures. Thicker coats cure faster than thin coats. A second coat of Tuff-Shield may be applied after the initial 10-12 hour cure period.
4. Clean tools with acetone or lacquer thinner. For maximum ultraviolet protection, allow Tuff-Shield to cure thoroughly,sand lightly and apply a good grade of marine paint.